Lake Norman: A Dog-Lovers Paradise
Bring Fido and come play in one of our many dog-friendly parks. Here are just a couple of them.
Located in Davidson, The Preserve dog park was completed in 2004. Featuring a hiking trail and natural area, it is fully enclosed. There is a water fountain and shade structure for cooling off on hot Carolina days. Dogs with a current Davidson dog tag and rabies vaccination can play at 330 O’Henry Avenue.
Swaney Pointe K-9 Park, a 3-acre dog park, is part of Ramsey Creek Park at 18441 Nantz Road in Cornelius. This is an off-leash dog park, featuring four fenced acres with two separate sections to accommodate large (20+ pounds) and small dogs. Dogs must be healthy, sociable, current on all vaccinations and license with tags on their collar, and under the owner’s control at all times. Dogs must be leashed when not in designated off-leash areas. The dog park is open from dawn until dusk.
If you want more options, visit
If you are visiting the area and need a place to stay that will welcome your four-legged friend, there are many hotels in the Lake Norman area that will suit your needs.
- Candlewood Suites Huntersville welcomes up to two pets, 80 pounds or less, for an additional $25 per pet, per night. Pet-friendly rooms are on the first floor. They also offer a pet walking trail and pet poop station.
- Quality Inn Huntersville allows up to two dogs of any size per guest room for an additional fee of $25 per pet, per stay.
- Residence Inn Charlotte Lake Norman allows up to two dogs of any size per guest room for an additional $50 (for stays of 1 to 4 nights) or $100 (for stays of 4 nights or more).
- Days Inn Cornelius Lake Norman allows multiple pets of any size for a one time, non-refundable cleaning fee of $25.
- Econo Lodge and Suites Lake Norman allows up to two dogs of any size per guest room for an additional fee of $15 (plus tax) per pet, per night.
If you need a great pet sitter, find Ann’s Pet Sitting
We can’t wait to see you and your furry friends at Lake Norman!