* Do you have the HOT CHOCOLATE ready? **
Are you ready for the snow/ice storm this evening? Take a look at these 5 tips from Killingsworth Environmental to help prevent your PIPES FROM FREEZING! Stay safe and warm!
1. In the morning, put your tea kettle on and bring some water to a boil. Head on out to your condensate line which should be near your outdoor AC unit and run the water over the PVC pipe coming from your house that has the ice build-up.
2. You can also pick up some cheap insulation from Home Depot or Lowes on your way home. Cut just enough to cover the exposed condensation line and you should be good to go!
3. You can pick up a few of these Outdoor Water Faucet covers to go over your faucets on the exterior of your home. I found a few of them at Walmart recently, actually. In a pinch, a dish towel and duct tape work just as well!
4. Open up your cabinets tonight to let the temperature of the rooms circulate around your plumbing pipes in your kitchen and your bathroom.
5. Turn all of your interior faucets on to auto drip real slowly to keep water moving through your plumbing lines.